Managing and Anticipating Near Future Rapid Change Rapid Technology Fusions, Morphing Career Trends, Global Political Flux, Climate and Environmental Challenges, Evolving Globalization of Economic and Commerce Systems Will require new skills, resilience, adaptability, forward planning, & new habits of thinking
The Range of Personalized Mentoring and Services offered by TSC (The age of clients ranges from 14 to 24 years old) 1. Character Trait and Personality Assessments. 2. Secondary School Academic Support and College Planning 3. College Applications and Creative Essays. 4. Transitioning to College. 5. College Application & Career Mentoring. 6. College Academic Mentoring (Time Management & Academic Analysis and Writing). 7. Career Planning and Trends Forecasting.
1. Character Trait and Personality Assessments Character Traits is a revealing assessment of the seven aspects of character and aspects of social/emotional intelligence that successful students and adults embody. Knowing what one’s traits are and which can be refined and developed, greatly enhances a student’s self-awareness and strengthens those skills and talents essential for employment (from an employer’s perspective) and for the future demands of career development and personal happiness and success. This assessment and a reflective process of understanding how your mind works, are powerful tools for preparing any individual to successfully manage what will be a complex future.
2. Secondary School Academic Support and College Planning Secondary School Academic Support is a pre-college academic tutoring collaboration with students addressing specific school projects and essay creation, as well as end of semester exam preparation strategies and course review. College Planning is an early look at what colleges might be on a student's list - based on discussions of what a student is looking for- mirrored against what a student needs and has the capacity for.
3. College Applications and Essays College Applications & Creative Essays is designed to mentor students in developing a unique essay which captures each student’s capacity to express a breadth of insight and personal articulation; to reveal a depth of character and topical passion which college admission’s readers earnestly seek and rarely encounter.
4. Transitioning to College The Transition between high school and college matriculation is unique and rarely supported; but is critical for students to best prepare for their next academic experience: This transition may entail a gap year or pre-college matriculation preparation or both.
The Gap YearProgram presents students with a unique opportunity to experience new, multi-variable cultural aspects of the World before going to college (and so enhance the college experience). The Gap Year also broadens each student's understanding of the way the World works and networks - skills that are more valuable and attractive to employers and future succession a world in flux. The Preparation for College Program familiarizes students with the unique and particular aspects and expectations of their college to strengthen their transition, to optimize their first year experience and minimize all of the confusion in that first year.
5. College Application & Career Mentoring The College Application and Career Program is designed to mentor students - through a continuous interaction of support from high school, transitioning to college and through college, and ultimately for students entering the world of work - with mentored support in strategizing and expanding insights - to solve problems and plan for the complexities of the future.
6. College Academic Mentoring (primarily for Students w/ LD, ADD/HD: Time Management, Academic Analysis and Writing Skills Development) College Academic Mentoring focuses on supporting students in the academic, social and time management challenges inherent in the world of college. Because there is virtually no support in college, our individualized mentoring support fills an enormous void. Academic mentoring is specific to real-time coursework, to the development of effective time management and calendar scheduling: to achieve a balance and keep a handle on successful completion of the greater writing and reading loads inherent in college assignments. (Reading, writing and note-taking strategies and effective technology applications.) Out of this evolves more natural and practiced effective learning and skill building; making the experience powerful and meaningful and foundational for the future.
7. Career Planning and Trends Forecasting - Woven throughout Every Element of "THE PROGRAMS" Forward Planning, to anticipate post-baccalaureate career expectations, should occur while students are in college, or even better while in Secondary School; the earlier the better. Mentoring support in learning about and practicing strategies to anticipate the global economic, political, environmental, technological and resource impacts, happening now, on their future world is essential for successful careers. Making connections between interests, abilities, new evolving opportunities and trends, and strategizing for best position takes time, focus and practice. Doing this while in school, Secondary and and College is the optimum environment for it, long before graduation.